Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Carried away with Painting..



I think its safe to say that I have picked the wrong color! I thought it was so cute in the Pottery Barn mag. Now that the room is finished, I don't know what to think. Its so bright and so blue! Baltimore sky that is.


I added some cute little birdies just above the couch. What I really need is a tree to go right in the middle, maybe. I dunno. Might just make it look worse. Any suggestions?? Or should I just start all over?



Last week I was driving home and spotted an awesome table and four chairs by the street. They were in perfect condition. All they needed was a fresh coat of paint! Still working on the chairs. I don't understand why people just get rid of things. Everything can be redone! I think this project came out better than the living room.

All this painting has left little time for sewing and crafting. I have got to get busy!

3 comments:

B Rose said...

For the record... I LOVE Baltimore Blue! ;)
It's bold, but the best things always are. We are doing our kitchen "Cayenne" which is, well, like the pepper, bright orangish red.

It's good to have pops of colour... not the whole house, but all your other colours are pretty neutral.

I vote you keep it. I'll try to come by this week and see it in person too!

B Rose said...

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp;jsessionid=6355DD4B9B74E4087A178D3A221903AE.app13-node2?itemdescription=true&itemCount=60&id=13981998&parentid=A_FURN_WALL&sortProperties=+product.marketingPriority,-product.startDate&navCount=49&navAction=poppushpush&color=

totally pricey... but cute idea :)

Tasha said...

I love the color but sometimes you can only take a great color in small doses. Have you thought about Baltimore Blue just on one wall? Bold color can kind of take a little getting used to if your walls were a neutral color. Try to live with it for a while and see if it grows on you.